The European Union’s IPA Programme for the North Macedonia EU funded
Twinning Project “Further support to the implementation of the National Qualification Network”
Ref. MK IPA 17 SO 01 21
is seeking to recruit a
Language Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser
(RTA Language Assistant)
The Twinning Project “Further support to the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework” is a joint project between the Republic of North Macedonia and the Republic of Lithuania, represented by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of North Macedonia and the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania.
The overall objective of the project, which is implemented by a consortium of relevant state institutions from Lithuania, France and Slovenia, is further strengthening and operationalization of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) aiming to increase the employability, mobility and social integration of workers and learners.
The project is seeking a Language Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA Language Assistant), whose activities include assisting the RTA with co-ordination and management of the Twinning project by translation and interpretation activities during the implementation of the project. The project started on the 1st of October 2021 and the duration is 27 months, till the 31 January 2023.
The RTA Language Assistant will be hired full time on a service contract and stationed in Skopje. The RTA Language Assistant shall not have been in any contractual relation with the public sector in the Beneficiary Country, North Macedonia, during at least the 6 months preceding their hiring.
The tasks of the RTA Language Assistant include:
- Translation and interpretation on a daily basis;
- Translation of all documents related to the project activities (legislation, mission reports, correspondence, Short-Term Experts’ presentations, etc.);
- Interpretation for the RTA and STEs in all meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences, etc.;
- Providing assistance in the preparation of project-related documents;
- Taking part in the Study visits interpreting for the Beneficiary institution’s participants and for the RTA;
- Providing assistance with all the office work, organizing meetings, help the RTA and the RTA Assistant in everything necessary for the smooth operation of the project.
Requirements for the candidates:
The RTA Language Assistant will be recruited in accordance with the following selection criteria:
Required skills and experience:
- Preferably University Degree (VII/1 or 240 credits according to ECTS), in English Philology and/or experience with translation and interpretation not less than 3 years;
- Fluent in spoken and written Macedonian with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Practical experience in the day-to-day provision of translation and interpretation support to international advisors/experts;
- Experience with international donor-funded projects, for example EU funded projects, such as Twinning projects would be an advantage;
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates should send a copy of their CV (in Europass format) with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com marked “RTA Language Assistant” by 28 December 2022. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
The following documents should be annexed in scanned versions to the application:
- Certificate of educational qualification;
- Certificate of language knowledge (if it is available);
- References from previous employer(s) (if it is available).
This project is funded by the European Union