The European Union’s IPA Programme for North Macedonia EU funded
Twinning Project “Further support to the implementation of the National Qualification Network”
Ref. MK IPA 17 SO 01 21
is seeking to recruit an
Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA Assistant)
The Twinning Project “Further support to the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework” is a joint project between the Republic of North Macedonia and the Republic of Lithuania, represented by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of North Macedonia and the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania.
The overall objective of the project, which is implemented by a consortium of relevant state institutions from Lithuania, France and Slovenia, is further strengthening and operationalization of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) aiming to increase the employability, mobility and social integration of workers and learners.
The project is seeking an Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA Assistant), whose activities include assisting the RTA with co-ordination and management of the Twinning project. The project started on the 1st of October 2021 and the duration is 27 months.
Assistant shall not have been in any contractual relation with the public sector in the Beneficiary Country, North Macedonia, during at least the 6 months preceding their hiring.
The tasks of the RTA Assistant include:
- Assisting the RTA in the day-to-day implementation of the project;
- Office management;
- Undertaking general administration duties required for project implementation;
- Maintaining close working relationships and dialogue with BC administration and counterparts;
- Maintaining filing systems and arranging for the exchange of information between project participants;
- Taking care of mission preparations and filing mission reports, time sheets and mission certificates
- Organization of seminars, training events, meetings and other visits out of North Macedonia;
- Preparation of quarterly Project Steering Committee Meetings including preparation of Quarter Interim Reports;
- Acting as translator/interpreter, when necessary.
The RTA Assistant will be recruited in accordance with the following selection criteria:
Required skills and experience:
- Preferably University Degree (VII/1 or 240 credits according to ECTS), in Political Science, Social Sciences or any other discipline relevant for the position;
- Fluent in spoken and written Macedonian with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Practical experienced in day-to-day provision of translation and interpretation support to international advisors / experts;
- Proven experience in office management and project administration;
- Experience of international donor funded projects, for example: EU funded projects, such as Twinning projects would be an advantage;
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Candidates should send a copy of their CV (in Europass format) with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “RTA Assistant” by 22 of October 2021. Short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
The following documents should be annexed in scanned versions to the application:
- Certificate on educational qualification;
- Certificate of language knowledge (if it is available);
- References from previous employer(s) if it is available.
*This project is funded by the European Union