Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) Component IV – Human Resources Development
Twinning Light Project “Support to the modernization of the system for post-secondary education”
(MK 13 IPA SO 01 15 TWL)
is seeking to recruit: PROJECT ASSISTANT AND TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER (part time work)
The purpose of the project is to support the reform process of post-secondary education by updating the strategic documents and relevant legislation in the field including its institutional and organizational set up.
Duration: 6 months (indicative date: from September 2016 until March 2017).
Position is based in: Ministry of Education and Science, Sv. Kiril i Metodij 54, 1000 Skopje.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Number of working days: approx. 80 days during the 6-month project, approx. 13 days per each month. It is a 0,6 (3/5) position. Assistant will be working during the experts’ missions in Macedonia (from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 to 16:30) and additionally, 1-2 days between the experts’ missions in order to arrange the meetings, prepare seminars/workshops etc. or fulfil any other project duties. Within the project there will be 26 experts’ missions organized during 13 weeks (65 days) in total.
Individuals that have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary country administration within the previous six months are not eligible for this position.
Project assistant and translator/interpreter:
• Excellent command of spoken and written English and Macedonian language;
• University degree in social sciences or relevant field or English Language and literature;
• Previous experience in language assistance, translations or interpretations;
• Previous experience in office management;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations;
• Advanced usage of computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc);
• Ability to work under pressure and be able to prioritize.
Additional Qualifications which would be considered as advantage:
• Knowledge of relevant Government policies, laws, external assistance and operational structures affecting the education sector;
• Knowledge on public administration and especially being familiar with the Ministry of Education and Science;
• Previous working experience in IPA Twinning projects or other EU funded projects;
• Experience with education and/or vocational education terminology use.
• Act as a project assistant in all activities of the Project;
• Assisting to the Project Leaders and Short-Term Experts (STEs) in organization of experts’ missions, trainings, seminars, workshops, steering committee meetings, and other project events in cooperation with partners of the Beneficiary Country (BC);
• Drafting and editing minutes of meetings,
• Arrangement of travel and organization of joint visits in schools;
• Drafting of written materials in English and Macedonian;
• Overall management of the office administration, including organizing trainings, expert missions, general desk office work etc.;
• Maintenance and reconcilement of project’s basic budget accounting records, archiving of financial documentation (invoices, etc.);
• Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships with Beneficiary Country and Member State (MS) Country officials involved in each of the activities and the project management;
• Assisting to the MS Project Leader in drafting and editing quarterly and final project reports and any other relevant documents;
• Office management, monitoring telephone and general correspondence;
• Act as a language assistant (translator/interpreter) to the Short Term Experts during their visits;
• Translation of written materials (documents, training materials, information materials and other written materials) for the project from English to Macedonian and vice versa, when needed;
• Interpretation during missions, meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and other project events, when needed;
• Verify accuracy and consistency of presentations and translations of technical material into Macedonian and English;
Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview in Skopje.
Selected candidates will sign a contract with the Educational Research Institute of the Republic of Poland and shall provide a tax certificate which proofs that he/she pays taxes on the remuneration.
The above mentioned Twinning Light project is funded by the European Union and will be implemented by the Educational Research Institute of the Republic of Poland in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Science in Skopje.